The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 90 days：Andorra, Australia (Effective from January 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016) , Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile (diplomatic, official/service passports excluded), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, U.K., U.S.A. and Vatican City State.
The nationals of the following countries are eligible for the visa exemption program, which permits a duration of stay up to 30 days：Malaysia, Singapore.
- a passport with validity of at least 6 months upon entry
- visa-exempt entry only applies to foreign visitors holding formal passports (i.e. ordinary, official/service and diplomatic passports), not including those holding emergency, temporary, other informal passports or travel documents.
- Japanese passport holders with their passports valid for more than 3 months are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- US passport (including emergency passport) holders with their passports valid for the period of intended stay are eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- The duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable. Foreign visitors must depart by the end of the said duration. Please click here for " Penalty for overstay".
- Visa-exempt entry cannot be converted to other types of visas, unless the following exceptions:
- Foreign visitors entering the R.O.C. through visa-exemption may only apply for converting to visitor visas within their legal stay at the Bureau of Consular Affairs or branch offices of MOFA in case of: severe acute diseases, natural disasters or other force majeure reasons, which hold them back from leaving the R.O.C. In addition, white-collar professionals who have obtained the work permits within their legal stay may apply for work visas, together with their spouse and minors (under age 20) entering the R.O.C. at the same time.
- For U.K. and Canadian passport holders, please refer to "Notice for British ＆ Canadian Passport Holders Who Enter Taiwan Visa-Free and Apply for an Extension of Stay".(doc檔案)
Further information: click here.
- Holders of Bruneian passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of Turkish passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of Macedonian passport with validity of more than six months.
- Holders of emergency or temporary passports with validity more than six months for nationals of those countries (execpt for US) eligible for visa-exempt entry.
- a confirmed return air/sea ticket or an air/sea ticket and a visa for the next destination, and a confirmed seat reservation for departure.
- fill out an application form with two photos.
- visa fee of NT$ 1,600 (citizens of the countries with reciprocal agreements shall be issued visas gratis) plus a handling fee of NT$ 800; For Turkish citizens: shall only be charged a handling fee of NT$800.
- no criminal record or not prohibited by the local authorities.
- Bruneian passport holders: The 14-day duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.
- Other eligible passengers: The 30-day duration of stay starts from the next day of arrival and is not extendable.
- The above-said landing visa cannot be converted to visitor or resident visa under normal circumstances.
Further information: click here.
Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the procedure of this section：
- Invited by the Republic of China (R.O.C.) government agencies on official missions.
- Participating in international meetings or activities for the purposes of religious, athletic, or cultural exchange, which are held by the organizations set up in the R.O.C.
- Visiting dependents with legal residence status in the R.O.C., including spouse, family members of lineal relationship, or siblings.
- Conducting economic or commercial businesses.（including accompanied spouse and children）.
- Crew members intending to come to the R.O.C. to report for duty.
- Medical treatment.
- Burma/Myanmar (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand)
- Nepal (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in New Delhi)
- India (Identity Certificate) (Only at Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in NewDelhi)
- Nigeria (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria)
- Ghana (Only at the Trade Mission of the ROC in Nigeria )
- Burma/Myanmar (The visa applicants are obliged to obtain a Guarantee from their sponsors in Taiwan and then submit it together with other required documents of visa application to Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Thailand)
- As for other particular cases of visa application from the designated countries, the overseas missions of the R.O.C. might request a Guarantee from the applicant's sponsor in Taiwan if necessary.
Further information: click here.
- Nationals of the following countries are eligible for an eVisa when they meet relevant criteria: Belize, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Columbia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Kiribati, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Nicaragua, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon Islands, Swaziland, Turkey, and Tuvalu .
- Furthermore, foreign nationals who have been invited to attend international conferences or activities in Taiwan – organized, co-organized, or sponsored by central government agencies or certain nongovernmental organizations – are also eligible for an eVisa. Such applicants must obtain an e-code from their host organizations in Taiwan prior to applying for an eVisa.
- eVisa applicants must possess an ordinary, official, or diplomatic passport with validity of at least six months as of the date of intended entry into Taiwan.
- To obtain an eVisa, applicants must submit relevant personal information and pay the required fee by credit card (Visa or MasterCard) online. ROC overseas missions may, depending on the applicant's nationality and purpose of visit, request through email that the applicant submit additional documents within a specific timeframe. If these documents are not submitted by the given deadline, the application may be denied.
- When an eVisa application has been approved, the applicant will receive a notice by email containing a webpage link to download and print the eVisa. The eVisa holder is required to present a paper copy of the eVisa at the immigration checkpoint for verification by the National Immigration Agency upon the arrival in Taiwan. However, immigration officers at ports of entry in Taiwan have the right to deny entry to eVisa holders without providing further explanation.
The validity of an eVisa is three months starting from the issue date. The eVisa is a single-entry visa, and the maximum duration of stay in Taiwan is 30 days, which cannot be extended.
For more information, please check here
Online eVisa application, please check here
- 基本資料：包括中文姓名、英文姓名、任職單位、職稱、出生年月日、Registration ID、E-Mail
- 最高學歷證明：每人一份 (例如：教授資格證書，畢業證書或學生證)
- 個人簡歷: 每人書寫一份 (含曾任職務、具有何種相關專業造詣等)
- 臺灣的申請流程：約1個月，大會秘書處收到資料，送交出境管理局進行審核，入台許可證核發後, 將以電子郵寄的方式遞交給申請人，申請人請自行彩色列印後持憑入境。
- 收到入台許可証之後：將臺灣的入台許可証批件 (通知和影本、邀請信)向大陸國台辦辦理批件→拿入台許可証批件和國台辦批件到省公安機關辦理出入境手續